Automation using Pattern

Tracy Brigham May 6, 2023

Hi, I am trying to produce a report from Trello based on the value of a specific custom field. 

I can structure the logic around the logic but having trouble formulating the pattern for the email body?

If the custom field - Body Builder = TEST BODY

Then grab the card data for the below custom fields on that card.

Stock No

Customer Name

Due Date

One line per card to produce a list.

Also, if the supplier was to reply to the email where would the reply do to?  

The answer here will determine if I send to the supplier directly from Trello or send to the card member and they can forward it onto the supplier.  (Want to prevent intervention were possibly) Obviously I need the reply to come back to a specific person.  So, they can update the due date in the card if required.

I am also using Blue Cat on a trial if I can't build the automation myself, I might consider paying for this add on whilst I figure it out.   Does anyone know where the replies for Blue Cat emails go if replied to?

1 answer

0 votes
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hi Tracy!

I'm not sure when you want to send the report, but here's an example of a rule that will send the information you need, including the card name and link.

every day, create a report in variable "Test_report" with all cards with custom field "Body Builder" set to "TEST BODY" using pattern "**[{cardname}]({cardlink})** **Stock No:** {{%Stock No}} **Customer Name:** {{%Customer Name}} **Due Date:** {{%Due Date}}", and send an email notification to "email@email.com" with subject "Test" and message "{$Test_report}"

The result is an email like this one:

image (1).png

I formatted the report's text the way I would like to see it, but you can format the text using the info in this article: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-to-format-your-text-in-trello/

For more details about Automation reports, you can check this one: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-reports-with-butler/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events