Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation trigger every X days?

jesse rain March 30, 2022

I'd like an automation to create a card in my "Do Today" list every 3 days.  Calendar triggers only seem to work for specific days of the week.  Is there a workaround with due dates or something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jesse rain April 8, 2022

I found a way to do this with due dates!  For the first part, there is a Butler automation trigger for "The moment a card is due".  So, I put my recurring card in a recurring card list with a due date 3-days from now and I created a rule to put that card in the "Do Today" list when the card is due.  The second part requires using a label (e.g. blue) that is unused elsewhere on the board.  I created a rule with the trigger, "when the due date is marked as complete in a card with the blue label" which triggers the actions, "move the due date by 3 days" and "move the card to the top of the list, recurring cards".  The downside to this approach is that all blue-labeled cards will trigger the 3-day actions.  

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

Hey @jesse rain - I'd use Card Repeater for this instead. You can learn about Card Repeater at https://trello.com/power-ups/57b47fb862d25a30298459b1

jesse rain April 1, 2022

Thanks, Alex.  I enabled it and tried using it on a card, but this power up seems to have less customization than Butler does.  I can't seem to find an option to repeat the card every three days.  Like Butler, it only allows specific days of the week.  Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events