Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation trigger every X days?

I'd like an automation to create a card in my "Do Today" list every 3 days.  Calendar triggers only seem to work for specific days of the week.  Is there a workaround with due dates or something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found a way to do this with due dates!  For the first part, there is a Butler automation trigger for "The moment a card is due".  So, I put my recurring card in a recurring card list with a due date 3-days from now and I created a rule to put that card in the "Do Today" list when the card is due.  The second part requires using a label (e.g. blue) that is unused elsewhere on the board.  I created a rule with the trigger, "when the due date is marked as complete in a card with the blue label" which triggers the actions, "move the due date by 3 days" and "move the card to the top of the list, recurring cards".  The downside to this approach is that all blue-labeled cards will trigger the 3-day actions.  

0 votes
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2022

Hey @jesse rain - I'd use Card Repeater for this instead. You can learn about Card Repeater at https://trello.com/power-ups/57b47fb862d25a30298459b1

Thanks, Alex.  I enabled it and tried using it on a card, but this power up seems to have less customization than Butler does.  I can't seem to find an option to repeat the card every three days.  Like Butler, it only allows specific days of the week.  Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,333 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you