Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rules and buttons not showing edits made

Mandy Saul April 24, 2023

Hello, please help. 

I have had both automation buttons and rules that worked flawlessly in the past (specifically buttons and rules that create automated checklists when clicked or cards are added to lists) Since then, I have made some edits to my master checklists (the checklists that are supposed to generate when the rule is applied) and the rules are not showing the edits when the automation happens. 

example: 

Original checklist for sandwich making:

1) bread

2) butter 

I edited the master checklist to now add:

3) jam

but when I do the automation trigger the new field 3) jam does not show up. Only the previous checklist as it was before is automating. The master checklists show all of my new edits, but the new edits do not generate when I do the automated rule/click the button.

any idea how to fix this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mutya A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi Mandy,

We can store different versions of checklists with the same names on different cards.

When you click the Checklist button on a card, try finding other versions of the 'Master checklist' and which card they belong to and search for the checklist with the additional item 'jam'.

You might want to rename those checklists to a unique name so only one checklist with the 'Master checklist' exists, with the 'jam' item.

You can also rename the most updated master checklist and tweak the automation rule/click button to use this new checklist name. 

Here's an example of having two different checklists with the same names:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 4.53.41 pm.png 

Let me know if any of these options work or if you have any more questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events