Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule trigger - move cards from one specific list to another specific list

simone.steffen June 13, 2023

I know we can trigger an automation when a card is moved in and out of a list; but is there a way to trigger an automation when a card is moved from a specific List A to a specific List B?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2023

Hey @simone.steffen! You can definitely create an Automation command that has the trigger when a card is added to a specific list, as outlined below:

AutomationRule.jpg

You can have it as a trigger when a card is moved to List A, but you can't have a trigger for a command when a card from List A is moved to List B. I hope that helps! 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

Actually, i think you can! You should be able to use that filter button to specify the current list a card is in and select the plus button next to it to add the criteria: 

image.png

So your trigger would look like this: 

image.png

Let me know if i'm misunderstanding anything!

Like simone.steffen likes this
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2023

Hey @Brittany Joiner! Thanks for finding that! I probably missed that when I was looking at the Automation triggers. Hopefully, that will do the trick! 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

@Sal no worries!! it's a sneaky one 😂

simone.steffen June 15, 2023

@Brittany Joineramazing, thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed, didn't think of checking the filter - it is a sneaky one!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events