Automation question

Bonny V March 18, 2021

Hi,
I use Trello to register multiple things about my clients: the workflow (where are they, what do I have to do next), their privacy preferences and other things.
So, my questions is: I would love it if I add a new client to my workflow board, that the same card with client's name will be added to 2 of the other boards. They can be added in a list "new" or something like that.
I just dont want to forget they exist or have to check the boards if I forgot someone.

I can only find the option in Butler to make a card on another board with a name I give it beforehand, like "new". But I want the name of the client, so the same name as the new added card.
How do I do this?
Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2021

If I understand correctly, the statement would be:

When a card is added to the board, copy the card to the top of list "new" on board "X", and copy the card to the top of list "new" on board "Y".

So you're creating a trigger with two actions of you need the card to be copied to two boards.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2021

This would create a copy of the original card though, it's not the same card living across different boards meaning updates to cards will also update the copies. Would you need syncing functionality? 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

@Bonny V 

Perhaps is go to browse through this page. 

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

in your situation to access the name of original card you need to {trigger cardname} when creating or copying and renaming a card. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events