Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of description

Muhammad Humza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

How can i make rule for only convert my all existing cards description convert into heading 1 size because my latop screen size is small i want to update my all to do list card description automatic change in heading one

2 answers

0 votes
edwardnixsaturnikiru
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

To automatically convert all existing card descriptions in your to-do list into heading 1 size, you can use a combination of browser extensions and custom scripts if you're using a web-based to-do list application. Here's a general approach:

1. Inspect Elements: Right-click on the description text of one of your to-do list cards and select "Inspect" or "Inspect Element" (the exact wording may vary depending on your browser).

1. Identify the HTML Element: In the developer tools panel that opens, you'll see the HTML code for the selected element. Find the tag or class associated with the card description text.

1. Install Browser Extension: Install a browser extension like Tampermonkey (for Chrome) or Greasemonkey (for Firefox). These extensions allow you to run custom scripts on web pages.

1. Write Custom Script: Write a custom JavaScript script that selects all the card descriptions on the page and changes their styling to heading 1 size. Here's a basic example:

```javascript

// ==UserScript==

// @Name         ToDoList Description Styling

// @namespace    http://your-namespace.com

// @Version      0.1

// @description  Convert all to-do list card descriptions to heading 1 size

// @author       Your Name

// @match        https://your-todo-list-url.com/

// @Grant        none

// ==/UserScript==

(function() {

'use strict';

// Select all card descriptions

const descriptions = document.querySelectorAll('.your-description-class'); // Replace '.your-description-class' with the actual class or tag associated with card descriptions

// Loop through each description and change its styling

descriptions.forEach(description => {

description.style.fontSize = '24px'; // Adjust the font size as needed

});

})();

```

1. Modify and Apply Script: Replace `'your-description-class'` with the actual class or tag associated with card descriptions in your to-do list. Adjust the font size (`'24px'` in the example) to match the heading 1 size.

1. Save and Run Script: Save the script in your browser extension and run it on your to-do list page. It should automatically change the styling of all existing card descriptions to heading 1 size.

Please note that this approach assumes you're using a web-based to-do list application accessible via a browser. If you're using a standalone to-do list application or software, you may need to explore different methods for achieving this functionality. Additionally, make sure to test the script on a small scale before applying it to all your to-do list cards.

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Muhammad Humza 

Welcome to the community!

Hope below doc will help you.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/appending-text-to-a-card-name-or-description/

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events