cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for changing board ownership

Brigham Hunt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

I am the admin of a Trello Workspace for our work, and in an attempt to free up licenses we need to delete users who have not used Trello in a set period of time. If the user was a sole owner of the board then we do not want to lose those boards in case other users were using them. Is there a way to automate it so that when a user is deleted, any boards that they are sole owners of have the ownership transferred to me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Brigham Hunt 

There isn't an automation rule which relates to board ownership as far as I know.

You could add yourself to the boards in bulk though (per user), if this would help? See how to do that here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-to-transfer-board-memberships-to-a-new-account/

Otherwise, you would need to manage this on a per-board basis.

Ste

Brigham Hunt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Thanks for the help, Stephen.

This is genuinely a viable solution. I only wanted to check for the possibility of my original idea, but this workaround could help tons.

Like Ste Wright likes this
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2024

No worries!

If this answer is the right solution, could you accept it? That helps others to know it can help them too :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events