Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - convert checklist to linked cards

Denny Ransom August 20, 2020

I want to create an automation that converts all items in a checklist to linked cards. As shown in scenerio #1 here
https://medium.com/workflow-automation-with-trello/how-to-link-checklists-cards-in-trello-to-upgrade-workflows-4a624873d4c8

I even started a business account trial to see if I could find the option. I still can't. 

Can this still be done as it's shown in this tutorial? 

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2020

@Denny Ransom  This tutorial should help https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies
My apologies for hijacking your post.

@Katrin Anger you wrote 

Linking Checklists — The Missing Feature

No tool is perfect.
There are quite a lot of things people would like to be able to do in Trello, that aren’t possible. Unless someone comes up with an innovative Trello Power-Up, I am afraid there are a number of features we will be waiting for a little longer.

Linking checklists is one of those missing features.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a link between a checklist and a card.

What I was taught in PMP and internal SI classes was that for WBS should start with deliverables and you decompose them to as many work products as needed before listing the tasks. (I am aware many do not adopt this in real world ... it makes for easier POC estimates)

That being the case, the best practice would be cards and checklist items that go on to create cards should be either be a deliverable or a work-product before a checklist represents  a list of actions/tasks. So I am curious under what circumstance would you to create a link between a checklist and a card? Is it facilitate work through a series of checklists ?

I wrote my own custom Power Up for Checklists and wanted to see if I should try to incorporate this , if possible.

Appreciate you sharing your experience from a Trello's perspective. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events