Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation based on checklist due date

Andries Mellema
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2022

Hi all,

Would it be possible to use the due date of a checklist item as a trigger for an automation? Like it is for a card due date?

What i'm trying to do is to create an automation which moves tasks that are due the current month to a certain list. And then one that moves the tasks that are due the current week to another list. I am able to do this for cards with a global due date. However, i have certain tasks that contain checklist items which are due that week/month, but not the entire card itself. I would like to move those items in the same way. This way i am hoping to create an overview of all tasks that need to be done that month and that week.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2022

@Andries Mellema 

This capability is not supported by Trello. A RYO solution is required. 

Andries Mellema
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2022

Hi, thanks for your answer. Could you please explain what you mean with a RYO solution?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

@Andries Mellema 

There are other capabilities in Trello that can be used beyond of Trello Automation(Bulter)

(Perhaps I should use DIY instead of RYO)

I have built an alert system for checklist items https://github.com/xu2xulim/Trello-Item-Alert

It uses webhook to capture/update all the items with due dates in a secured NOSQL database and issues alert a day before that due date via comments on the card.

The comments/alerts, in turn, can be used to trigger standard Trello Automation like moving the card.

With the items written out you can use it to create your weekly and or monthly list, if so required.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events