Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Library

Jim Toth May 24, 2023

I am a Standard Account.  I just upgraded from the Free yesterday.  I am a workspace member and Admin, my employee is a workspace member. I have several rules, he has several rules and they are all named and shared.  I can see mine in the Automation library, he can see his in his automation library.  The "Shared" toggle switch is on for both of us.  

I can't see or import his Shared Rules and he can't see mine.  I can't figure out why.  We should be able to see the Shared Rules.  It is making me crazy!

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2023

Hi Jim,

You're definitely on the right track and have satisfied all the requirements of using Automation Libraries!

Upon doing some testing from my end, I believe where you're hitting a roadblock is that the user who the Automation library is shared with needs to import in the commands as per this guidance: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/working-with-command-libraries/#Importing-shared-Automation-Libraries

Up in the top right hand corner of the main Automation area, you should see an icon where you can access these. From there, you can import them. Screenshot examples below:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 12.22.27 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-05-29 at 12.23.01 pm.png

So when sharing a rule/s, you're essentially sharing a copy of it that your team members can import and edit as their own, rather than your rule.

Setting up the Command Library is what gives your team access to the rules, and when someone is no longer on the team, someone else can enable the rules on their own account.

Hope this helps! :)

Jim Toth May 30, 2023

Thank you for the response.  I have completed those steps and there is no option to import anything.  Screenshots attached.  The other user also can't see any of my shared rules to import them.  What would be the next troubleshooting step?
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 4.21.36 PM.png

Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2023

Hi Jim, definitely sounds strange.

I've gone ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf so we can continue troubleshooting, and so I can request temporary account access to take a look for you. Please keep an eye out on your email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events