Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Issues: Cards Moving to Different Column with No Trigger

Jason Gibson August 15, 2023

I am having a problem with Trello cards moving randomly from one column to another without being triggered to do so. It has happened several times now. The first few times I manually moved them back to the correct column, but it continues to happen.

Several things that are peculiar when this happens:

1. The cards only move from column A to the column B. No other columns are impacted

2. Not all cards in the column move

3. It happens at random times, even after hours when no one is working in Trello

4. Activity shows fields are "updated", but the information does not change.

Can anyone help with this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2023

@Jason Gibson can you check the automation usage log  and see if there was an automation rule running at the back?

Jason Gibson August 16, 2023

According to the logs, there is automation running, but I do not have any automation set up for the column in question. I do not have any rules for cards that exist in "column B" (it's basically a closed card column). Once the card is moved there it should stay there. What could be triggering the card to move? All the automation I have set up is triggered by action being taken on the card. No action is being done on these cards. Is there a background "update" process in Trello, like a refresh?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events