Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Features

Shandi Samson-Hartz June 3, 2022

I'm having issues getting some automations to work. I have the exact same rule set up in other areas and it reads the exact same, it works for some but not others, and I cannot see why. 

For example:

Trigger:

When the blue WELL label is added to a card by anyone 

Actions:

Add the Well Checklist *Use this one checklist to the card 

This trigger is working exactly how it is supposed to, no need to link the card or anything it adds the checklist every time the label is added 

Trigger: 

When the pink HOA label is added to a card by anyone

Actions: 

Add the Condo/HOA Checklist * Use this one checklist to the card

This will not add the checklist to the card once the HOA label is added. I went a step further and added the specific card to pull the checklist from and still nothing....

I'm having this issue with more than one label and as I mentioned, I have it set up the exact same as the first WELL label that is working. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2022

@Shandi Samson-Hartz welcome to the community!! Hmm, could you share some screenshots of your rules and your board? My gut thinks there could be a typo somewhere - as your logic seems sound, and especially since you're linking to the card with the checklist you want.

When you add the pink HOA label, does automation add anything to the card? (You can see any activity in the bottom of the card - can you share a screenshot of anything you see there?)

And do you see any logs from Butler? You can find them by going to Automation, then clicking the "Account" button at the bottom of the menu and then "Usage Log"

image.png

If you can show those screenshots there, that might help me debug a bit!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2022

Also I kept saying Butler - but that's just the old term for Trello Automation 😊 . Just wanted to clarify in case that was confusing 

Shandi Samson-Hartz June 8, 2022

Trello 1 .jpgTrello 2.jpgTrello 3.jpg

When I add the Pink HOA label and the Yellow Septic label, it does not add the checklists to the card, everything is working great for the other automations I have set up for when a label is added. When I open up the usage log it is saying....I couldn't find a checklist called.......xyz......the command finished running. Thank you for your help on this!! 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

@Shandi Samson-Hartz i think the "/" in the name of the checklist might be throwing it off. Can you rename the checklist to something else that doesn't have a / in it, and then update the automation and give it a try?

@Brittany Joiner  I removed the "/" from the name of the checklist and still nothing :( 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

@Shandi Samson-Hartz weird. for some reason or another it's not matching up the name of the checklist with what you've got in the automation. did you copy and paste the name of the checklist that you want copied into the command in butler? 

I would try creating it from scratch again - make a brand new checklist with the items you want, and a brand new butler rule with that checklist. If it still doesn't work, maybe try reaching out to Trello support, cause it's strange it wouldn't be finding it: https://trello.com/en-US/contact#/

Shandi Samson-Hartz June 9, 2022

@Brittany Joiner its super strange! I have copied and pasted everything directly from the card into the Butler command.  I've deleted the rule and created a new one multiple times, but I will try to re-create the checklist in and of itself, hopefully that will work! Thank you so much for your help!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

@Shandi Samson-Hartz no worries! So bizarre. Hope that worked. If it didn't, definitely feel free to reach out to support!

Shandi Samson-Hartz June 14, 2022

@Brittany Joiner unfortunately it didn't work :( I did reach out to Trello support and hoping they can help me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events