Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation: Due Today, Tomorrow, This Week

Hi Trello community,

I am trying to create a series of butler rules that will do the following:

Automate the movement of cards by Due Date:

• When a card is due today, regardless of which list it is in, Move it to list DUE TODAY.
  • When a card is due tomorrow, move it to list, DUE TOMORROW
  • When a card is due sometime this week (Other than Today and other than tomorrow), move the card to DUE THIS WEEK.
  • When a card is due next week, move it to DUE NEXT WEEK
  • For these rules- I would like the rule to work when a card is 1)created and a due date is added, and 2)when a due date is added/updated to an existing card.

I'm also trying to do it also by dragging cards to Lists:

• When a card is dragged to list DUE TODAY, update due date to today
  • When a card is dragged to list DUE TOMORROW, update due date to tomorrow, etc.
  • Etc.

I was having a problem finding the right butler construction to ensure both of these type of rules (By Due Date, By Dragging to List and updating due date) work in harmony.

Any ideas,

Thanks!

1 answer

@Fallon Scoggins 

At a quick glance, all doable with Butler Due Date and Rules.

Also note that 5th point when card is created with a due date set...that will be a rule command and the card gets registered to be monitored and activated by Due Date commands you have set and are active.

The drag cards into a list you can use either "added" or "moved into" ...do note the scope for "added".

Thank you!

Do you have an example of what one of the butler commands would look like?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

307 views 6 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you