Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Checklist issue

David Kesecker March 7, 2024

I have set up automation that adds 3 checklists. However when it adds one of the lists it adds an outdated version of the list. (missing items and in a different order)

I deleted the autmation and recreated it and it continues to rearrange this checklist and items. 

If you look at the checklist everything is correct. Ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2024

@David Kesecker 

Typically you want to create static cards from which you copy a checklist. The method is as mentioned in Hannah’s reply. 

David Kesecker March 8, 2024

I have those. The checklists I was referring to are cards. When I create a new team member card the automation is adding those "checklists" to the card. But one is adding messed up.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi @David Kesecker Are you linking to the specific card that you want to pull the checklist from? You can specify the exact checklist like so:

image.png

David Kesecker March 7, 2024

It is adding the checklist if that is what you are asking.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Can you share the automation you've created?

David Kesecker March 8, 2024
when a card is created in list "DOFI Agent Setup Checklist", add the "DOFI Agent Setup Checklist" checklist to the card, add the "Orientation Checklist" checklist to the card, and add the "Agent Accountability Checklist" checklist to the card
When it adds the Agent Accountability Checklist it adds it but changes/removes and reaaranges items.
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

@David Kesecker 

Could it be it is alphabetical order? What I noticed is that within Trello automatically the actions do not necessarily gets executed the same order you have them in your script if there are no dependencies. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2024

@David Kesecker have you tried specifying the exact checklist in your rule as mentioned in my initial suggestion? It could be pulling from somewhere that has an outdated version of the checklist. I'm assuming you have a template card that has the newest version of the checklist, so in your rule you would say: "add the "DOFI Agent Setup Checklist" from card link "trello.com/c/1234/template-card". 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events