Automating cards based on values in google sheets

petermitchell361 February 13, 2020

Hey guys, 

I feel like this is gonna be a tricky one but that is why I am asking for the help. We track all our enquiries in google sheets. We have multiple projects that concern different contractors so we keep a number of different workbooks. However, there is a master sheet that is an consolidated view of all of the sheets which can be found here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uywwr0D3WfinvxclpZ5uJGZvxNS1lexhe7NscCnkjeE/edit?usp=sharing

I am wanting to create a new Trello Card whenever the follow up date becomes blank. That is probably the easiest trigger for it being 'booked' that I can think of. When it creates a card I want it to use the source column to figure out which 'list' to put it in the Trello Card. Additionally, by default I want each card to be titled with the clients Name and Date as on the spreadsheet and pre-populate with a template check list which we have for each client. 

How possible is this? I understand it's very specific but would make our process much faster and most efficient! :) 

Thanks heaps. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hi Peter,

Most of this should be possible by setting up some zaps in Zapier. Within Zapier, you can set up a zap which uses an update in a row (with your "Follow-up" trigger) to create a new card in Trello.

It won't be possible to get them sorted in to the right list immediately, but you could make sure that the relevant information from the Sheets rows are included in your title and description on the card. 

Once the cards are being created from the zap, you could then set up a Butler rule within Trello which could pick up the text in the title to send it to the correct list. You would need to set up a separate rule for each list.

I hope this helps!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events