Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating an Email Reminder

Eamon McCracken July 13, 2022

I'm trying to use Trello to track meeting minutes and action items from those meetings. I have it set and working for when I add an action item to a checklist in the minutes it creates a card in the "action items" list and the description of the new card will automatically mention the person who was @'d in the checklist. But from here I also want an email sent to that person as a reminder, and I believe the problem is getting that @'d person added as a member of the card. I've tried several iterations of commands using variables but I get the error message from Trello that they can't find that member, so no email is sent. I must be doing something wrong but I'm not sure what and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!trello automation.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Eamon McCracken ! Welcome to the community :) I had a play around and managed to make it work. Here are the commands I created (a sort of simplified version of yours):

Mentioned user commands.PNG

I think the key here is to add "@" before your {wildcard1} variable.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Edit: That first rule should actually contain the {* } variable. Also, I added an extra action to remove the @mention from the title just to make things cleaner:

wildcard.PNG

Eamon McCracken July 18, 2022

Thank you! Works like a charm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events