Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically change main card's label after linked card is moved to certain list

Stanislav S March 19, 2019

Hi! Sorry if that's too simple task - i'm newbie to trello.

For example, i have 3 lists - Items list, Doing list and Done list

In Items list i have the following cards:

- Part #1

- Part #2

- Assembly of parts (with attached as Trello cards: Part#1 and Part#2)

My aim is to make a label of Assembly card changed to, for example, "ready to Assemble", when Part#1 and Part#2 are moved into the Done list.

Could you tell me the best way to do it? I have many of assemblies so i want to automate that operation with Butler or other app...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Stanislav S in order to act on the "ready to assemble" card when part 1/part 2 were moved to Done, you would need those cards to be linked back to the master.

You could do this in the description or just with the master card as an attachment.

In Butler, you would need to have something like a "Parts" checklist to check if that was complete.

So you would do something like this:

When a card is moved to list "Done" find the first card linked in the attachments and check item "{triggercardlink}" and if the checklist "Parts" is complete add the label "Ready to Assemble"

The same command in Trellinator would look like this:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/0feda1d3cf87a028bc58b7e21d738a32

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

And again, thank you very much!

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Can i ask a stupid question? Where can i find a field for manual inserting the command (at least to check if all items in checklist are completed)? I'm searching for it for couple of hours and Google does not know too how to manually insert a command to check if checklist is complete... :))

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Stanislav S hmmm you can't find it in the power up command builder? I'm not experienced with the power up, only the former Butler Bot. @Katrin Anger might be able to help

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

@Stanislav S @Iain Dooley 

You could set up a Rule with the Butler Power-Up and use the trigger "when checklist "ABC" is completed in a card"

Checklist-Completed.png

Does that answer your question?

Stanislav S March 20, 2019

Thanks. I was searching in Action section rather then a Trigger -thats my mistake. Thanks!

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Stanislav S March 20, 2019

Is there any way to create an item in checklist by Butler after a linked card (Trello attachment) is added? I can find only that it can create an item only when any attachment is added, not just Trello.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events