cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically change labels based on due dates

McKenna Webb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2023

Hello! There is a similar post about this from 2020 regarding custom fields, but it seemed unresolved.

I have made generic labels based on how far out something is due (before realizing there was a custom "priority" field):
- Green: 6+ weeks ("Low Priority")
- Yellow: 4-5 weeks ("Medium Priority"),
- Orange: 3 weeks or less ("High Priority")
- Red: LATE

Is there any automation/automations I could create that would change the label based on the due date? For instance, if I have a "High Priority" label set on a piece, and then it becomes late, I want the label to automatically change to "LATE."

No matter what I try, Trello can't seem to automatically change the label based on the how many days away from the due date it is.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2023

Hi @McKenna Webb 

You should be able to do this. You might need multiple rules, but one rule might look like...

• Rule Type - Due Date
    • Trigger: 1 days after a card is due
    • Action: Add/Remove...
      • add the red label to the card

^ Is this what you're looking for?

Ste

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2023

HI @McKenna Webb

Welcome to the community.  You require the due date commands screen in automation...

Screenshot 2023-08-07 093501.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events