Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated emailing to card members not working

Christian Fleischfresser September 16, 2022

Hi everyone!

I'm new to trello and I'm trying to set up some automations on my board. Using the card repeater plug-in, I created several cards representing periodic tasks that get copied to a list called "Today" whenever the date/time triggers to card repeater.

I then created an automation in Butler that triggers whenever a card is copied to the list "Today", and as an action, it creates a due date set to one minute later (to avoid potential timing issues):

auto1.png

I have another automation that adds me as a member whenever a due date is set:

auto2.png

Finally, I set a third automation to send all card members an email at the moment the due date is due:

auto3.png

To my frustration, I have only managed a couple of times to receive the emails, but I cannot reproduce it anymore and now, for some reason, it stopped working altogether. 

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? All the other automations work perfectly, but this one is driving me nuts! I'd appreciate any advice in this regard.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2022

Hey Christian, 

If I correctly understood your case, you're having a problem only receiving your e-mails, am I right? The other rules work just fine.

Setting the due date in 1 minute doesn't give the time to the due date rule triggered before its due. You can change the rule to set the due date to 2 minutes after adding the card (same rule, just 2 minutes instead of 1) and it'll give the time to the due date rule triggers and then forward your e-mail. 

What is happening is basically before the rule on the due dates tracks it the card is becoming overdue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events