Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated email with report

Giles_Camargo December 13, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to automate an email with a report. But unfortunately the email content was only the syntax  {$ report}

The butler command is:
every day at 11:30 am, create a report with all cards in list "Definições Recentes", and send an email notification to "gilescamargo@gmail.com" with subject "Relatório" and message "{$ report}"

Email resulted:

email report.PNG

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hi 

You have forgotten to define the variable.

Try this 

every day at 11:30 am, create a report in variable "Report" with all cards...

... and message "{$Report}"

Without space between $ and Report.

Giles_Camargo December 13, 2019

It worked! Thanks so much!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

👍

robynlee January 28, 2020

Hello! Just reading this: it would seem to suggest that you can get Butler to email reports to email addresses not linked to members of that Board. Is that correct?

To be clear: my boss wants to automatically have a report of 'Done' tasks emailed to me weekly, but does not want to make me a member of the Board in question. 

Is this possible? Thank you!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Yes. Everybody can receive this report. 

Like robynlee likes this
robynlee January 28, 2020

Thank you so much - that's great news. 

One extra question though: from https://help.trello.com/article/1192-creating-reports-with-butler it looks like the report generated contains links to the various cards... if I am not a member of the Board, will I be able to access those cards?

If not - is there a way of specifying in the Butler command that 'Description' be included in the Report?

Thank you 

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

For seeing the card, it must at least be declared as an observer (not necessary a member).

To include description in the report, just add a pattern for the report 

every day at 11:30 am, create a report in variable "MyReport" with all cards due today
with an incomplete due date using pattern "- [{cardname}] ({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) ({carddescription})"
and send an email notification to "@gmail.com" with subject "Not completed" and message "{$MyReport}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events