Automated due dates in checklist

Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

What I am trying to set up on my Trello boards is a summary card that can then be mirrored to a "master board" in order to give a better overview of an entire portfolio of projects. 

Basically, I have linked a number of cards to the checklist in the summary card and when someone adds a date on one of the cards I need it to be added on the linked checklist item in the summary card. 

Is there any way to do this using Butler or a power-up? I am having trouble finding a way.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Dan ! Welcome to the community :) It doesn't look like you can set this up with a simple butler rule seeing as there isn't a way to use a variable in the checklist item's due date field.

As an alternative, I'm wondering if Dashcards might help here? So instead of creating this summary card, instead, create a dashcard that dynamically consolidates the needed cards. When you open the dashcard, it will show a quick report of the cards including the due dates and assigned members:

dashcards 2.PNG

Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Thank you very much! 

I will definitely be using Dashcards. Is there anyway for the due dates and items in Dashcards to be viewed in a workspace calendar, or any type of calendar? 

Thanks!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

@Dan you're welcome! No, I don't believe so. They only offer the ability to view the cards in a tabular format (when selecting explore and edit). If you'd like to see them in a calendar view, you'd need to use Trello's native calendar board view or workspace calendar view.

Like Dan likes this
0 votes
Deborah Fripp February 1, 2023

Is there any way to get DashCard (or an equivalent) to do that with checklist items, as compared to cards? With the advanced checklists, I can assign due dates to individual items. I'd like to be able to create a DashCard that lists all the checklist items with due dates (or assignments) on the board. Is that possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events