Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated date setting on subtasks

Maria Stentebjerg July 6, 2022

It is possible to use the same code in Trello, as found in Jira Automation Support since the two are linked? I don't understand why I receive Jira suggestions for a Trello question.

I work in auditing and all subtasks are planned around the date of the audit - with tasks both before, during and after the audit. 

Can the date calculation be calculated and tasks added to calendar automatically using Trello? 

Eg - make audit plan:

28 days ahead of the audit 
Provide details to CMS - during audit
28 after audit - report deadline.

I could calculate all these dates myself, but to each audits there's approxymately 2x tasks to be calculated so it would be preferred if this could happen automatically. 

I searched support and found this link, which more or less describes what I want to do, except I prefer Trello..

Best Regards

Maria

1 answer

0 votes
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2022

Hello Maria,

Greetings for the day!

I'm not too sure of a JIRA solution suggested for this use case! Trello doesn't have a sub-tasks function that is similar to Jira's sub-task issue type, as Trello doesn't have a concept of issue types like Jira.

Suggesting something in Trello related to that will require understanding how are these sub-tasks recorded in Trello? Are these due dates from checklist items to cards? 

I'm curious to know how you set the sub-tasks in Trello with that understanding we'd be able to suggest something that might work for your use case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events