Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Rule Across All Boards

Bradley Irish June 24, 2023

Hi!

Is there a way to make a global automated rule that looks for triggers across all boards, but then moves the triggered card to one board in particular?

Basically, I have a "Home" board, and I want to automate it so that any card due within a week, across all my boards, is copied to a particular list on the Home board.  I created a rule on the Home board, but when I attempted to copy it to other boards, it seemed as if it wanted to copy the triggered cards to a list on each of those particular individual boards, rather than bringing them all to my Home board.   Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2023

Hi Bradley,

I suggest creating a Due Date automation and enabling it on each board.

You can use automation to move cards to other boards, but it needs to be triggered on the board where the card is. This is why if you create the rule on the "Home" board, it will only run on the cards that are located on the same board.

After you select the trigger based on the due date, you can add an action to move the card to the "Home" board. If you're not finding the correct option, this is the icon that allows you to select the board:

Select board.gif

If you have any questions, let me know.

Bradley Irish June 28, 2023

That make sense -- thanks!  Is there a way to make it apply to cards "due within a week" rather than "in 7 days," so that the rule will still be applied for new cards due in less than 7 days?

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2023

Hi Bradley,

I'm sorry for the late response, I didn't see your question before.

There isn't an option to do it using Due Date automations, but you can create a scheduled automation or a rule to handle the new cards due in less than 7 days.

You can use this trigger to create a rule to move the cards when the due date is set:

Due date.png 

The other option is creating a scheduled automation to move these cards daily:

scheduled.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events