We would like to automate the data dump from the Trello Board "Labeling Workflow" to the Google Spreadsheet ‘Trello Pink Summary".
Process being carried out manually:
"1. Currently, I am pulling a report I set up from Trello to semi-automatically give me data for Columns C & D.
2. Then, I manually re-organize the output to fit into the Pink Summary file.
3. Then, I manually review and make changes manually to columns E, F, G, I, & K
4. Then, I manually review and enter columns H, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U (based on this and external data)
5. Then, we review and edit the data together for columns J, L, & S
6. Then, I add red “High Priority” labels to the cards in the Trello board that were ID from this analysis (from step 5)
7. Lastly, we send out a summary email of columns L & S to the team to make sure we are all focusing on the same priorities"
I would love to make as much of this automatic as possible. Specifically, I would think I could have a better output from Step 1 above, so I don't have to spend so much manual re-org time on Step 2 and manual review/update time on Step 3. I think Steps 4-7 are outside Trello's capabilities and may not benefit from automation at this time.. Since I am going to be doing this weekly and we will have tight deadlines to turn around this analysis for the team - the more automatic we can make all these steps, the better!
@Sonya Seybert you can use Trellinator to export data to a Google Sheet pretty easily, here's an example:
You can read more about Trellinator here:
@Sonya Seybert Since you mentioned that step 1 you are using report, then you might want to consider using it with Butler Http Request to an endpoint that can process the data. It would be great if that platform supports python and Trello.
It is difficult to make out the rest of the steps but it does look like you need a platform that has capabilities to support both Trello and Google sheet which you might already have.
Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events