Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate copy card to checklist

Tim King February 17, 2022

I need to automate a way to copy a card and move it to a checklist on another card.  It does not make sense to have to copy and paste the URL to an item on the checklist.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2022

@Tim King 

My guess is that you want to create an item in a checklist on another card that points back to the card. What you do is that you use the variable {cardlink} as the item name. 

reading this will help

https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables#variables-with-specific-triggers

Tim King February 20, 2022

That's a good start, but want I want is to add a card as an 'item' on a checklist (on another list and card)

I see I can duplicate/move cards to another list and automate an item to a card, but nothing that does what I describe above.

Right now, I have to duplicate checking a card due date complete and an item on a checklist on another card checked off.  that's a lot of checking...

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

@Tim King 

Once you have the item -> card and card ->card (with the item) you can automate completion regardless of where the cards are on your board or another board.

Tim King February 21, 2022

thanks for hanging in there with me.

I don't start with the item.  I start with a card.  I want to automate copying an existing card and converting it to a checklist 'item' on another card.

None of the actions in the 'Create a Card Button' seem to do this:

card -> card, checklist, item in the checklist.

Am I looking in the wrong place for the automation?  I don't see a Rule I can set either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events