Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate changing incomplete due date to nearest Monday or Friday

Laura Kingsley February 7, 2023

Is it possible to use Butler to change an incomplete due date to the nearest Monday or Friday once the initial due date has passed?

e.g.

- Original due date: Monday 1st Feb (incomplete at end of day) butler moves to Friday 5th Feb;

- New due date: Friday 5th Feb (incomplete at end of day) butler then moves to Monday 8th Feb

Reason being, I have two admin days each week (Monday & Friday) and therefore if I miss the original due date set I'd like the due date to automatically move to my next admin day.

2 answers

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

@Laura Kingsley 

See this page

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/arithmetic-and-formatting-in-date-variables/

something like {cardduedate+1w=1wd} for card not completed on Friday, then move card to Monday list. 

since you have two specific days you might want to have them on two different lists so that you can bump the dates correctly. 

Try it. 

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2023

You need to set a "Mon" and "Fri" label. You can set the labels to have no colour, that way it doesn't show up on the card front.

Then you need a new Rule. It uses a combination Variable {cardduedateweekdayshort} to automatically set the label equal to the due date. But only the first time.
To be able to set the name of the label in the command, just choose any "add label" command of the same colour, add it, and then you can change the name of the label to be added.
It requires the "Without the x label" portions (which when stacked like it is below, is considered to have an OR relation) so that the Due Date Rules below that move the due date doesn't trigger this Rule again.
image.png

Then you need two new Due Date Rules. One for when the Mon due date hits, swaps the labels, and moves the Due Date to Friday. And then the opposite for the Fri due date.
image.png

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events