Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto notification emails to do the next task in line.

Jessica Abraham May 9, 2022

Is there a way to set up the Trello board to send an automatic internal notification email to the next person assigned to a ask in Trello?

For instance, if I complete a step, can that trigger an auto email to someone in my office to do their next step?  (We are currently using the free instance of Trello).

Thank you,

Jessica Abraham

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

@Jessica Abraham 

For this to work, the key dependency is what represents the next task. If it is the first card from the attachments then it is possible. Next dependency is knowing who to notify. 

I suggest you work on establishing the task dependencies first.

Trello does not have a notification to trigger the next item on a checklist. 

Jessica Abraham May 11, 2022

Not even with a power up?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

@Jessica Abraham 

Not that I am aware. I did have a program that can be called via http request from Trello automation to return you the next incomplete item on the checklist when an item is completed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events