Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Trello are public or private?

jpizarrom January 25, 2019

I want to know if the Attachments are public or private, secured with a secure access token, or are only a very long urls.

2 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

Hello @jpizarrom ,

Attachments in Trello have no security token or expiry.  They are essentially very long (random) urls, and protected by the "unguessable" url.

If you need more security, you'd need to put attachment into e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox (or similar).

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2019

@jpizarrom they are private. You can verify this by going to one of them in a new incognito browser window.

jpizarrom January 28, 2019

I've uploaded an html file to a card in a private board, but the file is public, is not protected by a token, It's a public long url.

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/53704d38874956c627de450d/53704d38874956c627de4529/e39d408e638e2ad7d24a071af0711df1/test.html

Thanks

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2019

@jpizarrom ah yes you're correct, the key/token login information to view the file is essentially embedded in the URL

jpizarrom January 28, 2019

This behavior happens only with free plans?

If I pay a Business Class plan, my files will be protected by a security token with expire time, etc, not a long public url?

Thanks

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2019

@jpizarrom I'm not sure! You can check with support@trello.com or maybe someone from the Atlassian team can answer here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events