Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning lists to non-Trello members?

Daniel Bennett July 21, 2017

I have some Trello boards set up between a few coworkers, but only our sub-group uses Trello informally.  We have some tasks that in some stages, our groups are assigned to.  But in other stages, the task goes to a member outside our Trello group, who does not necessarily use Trello and who we do not have the authority to suggest Trello.

Can we assign tasks to fake members?  Or members we know will never be using Trello?  And then once they complete the list on their side, we manually update it back to our responsibility, assigned to real Trello members within our group?

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hey Daniel

For this, I would recommend creating a new account and creating a profile for the "fake user" that you're wanting to assign tasks to, and then add that "fake" member to your board and assign the tasks. 

Without having to go out and create a couple of fake email addresses to do this with, you can use your own email address (if you use Google). 

Say your email address is user@gmail.com. You can create a profile using user+fake1@gmail.com and so on. Those emails will still come to your inbox (cool google feature). Does this make sense what I'm saying?

Daniel Bennett July 21, 2017

Exactly what I was looking for, and thanks for the gmail tip.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events