Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assessing team members work load

Cassandra McIntyre November 1, 2022

Hello, 

Im hoping that trello can be a problem solver for my workplace. 

We are looking for a project management tool that also shows the scheduled workload of each team member in a gannt chart fashion or something visually similar so we can see all project timelines they're looking at on a certain day, week etc.

Is this possible with trello?

3 answers

0 votes
Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Cassandra McIntyre 

I'm Violetta from Planyway:)

I'd recommend Planyway power-up for workload management, as it gives a clear visualization of resource planning.

Case image

0 votes
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2022

Hi @Cassandra McIntyre 

We personally use BigPicture for Project, Product and Portfolio Management which seamlessly integrates with our Jira instance. This also allows us to create bidirectional one-to-many data syncs, meaning being able connect BigPicture with multiple Jira Projects and Trello Boards in one single BigPicture instance/program.

Note: BigPicture for Jira is a plugin app available from Atlassian Marketplace, while Trello BigPicture is a power-up.

Assuming you have a premium trello workspace, one recommendation I’ve seen is making use of Trello’s Table view feature by adding all of the Workspace's boards to one Table View, then filtering by member, so you can see who has how many cards assigned to them already, etc.

Personally, I don’t think this is an effective approach for workload/resource capacity management since there are many other factors that are in play.

Another popular Trello power up I’ve seen recommended by others is Projects by Placker

Hope that provides you with some food for thought :)

Cheers,

Hamza

0 votes
Linda McKendrick November 1, 2022

Hi, 

I have set this up using Trello boards for our business - I have lists for each stage with checklists that are automatically applied, labels to indicate which department and timeframes allocated. Automations move the cards though each stage of the process, so each team only sees the cards/jobs which require their actions. It works beautifully!!

Integrating with google calendar for now but the calendar function of Trello works well and we will eventually change over to this fully.

I can show you the sytem I have imoemented if you like and help configure your automations if you like.

Cheers

Linda

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events