Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Trello Cards in Google Drive or Box

Daniel Alm September 18, 2020

I am using Trello, Zapier and google drive to streamline my business. 

I have used Zapier to create a trello card when a google form is filled out. 

Zapier will then create a file from a template in Google docs; this file serves as a shop traveler (Tracking the order that has been built)

After the order is sent out, I would like to Archive the files attached to the trello card into either Google drive or Box.

Ideally these files would not be "editable" so no changes can be made after the archive. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@Daniel Alm So there is one Google Doc linked to a card, and you want that file moved into a folder that is inaccessible to everyone (except maybe an admin) so that no further changes can be made to the document?

Daniel Alm September 21, 2020

Yes i would like to fully archive the documents so they can be viewable, but not editable. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

@Daniel Alm Okay well you could just create a folder called "Archive" that is viewable by everyone on the team. 

Create your documents originally in a folder called "Active" that is editable by everyone.

Then add your files to "Active" and link that file from Google Drive to the Trello card.

At the end of the process, move the file to the "Archive" folder and so long as the document hasn't been explicitly shared with others, no-one should be able to edit it.

This is also the type of thing that could be automated in Google Apps Script, I wrote a library for automating Trello with Google Apps Script, you can read about it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Like Daniel Alm likes this
Daniel Alm September 22, 2020

Thank You @Iain Dooley  I will look into it later this week.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events