Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any trouble using Butler automation for emails?

Edouard Guerle September 1, 2021

Hi there, i don't know if it is linked to the change with Trello prices, but today 1st of September i could see logs errors with this feature:

Capture d’écran de 2021-09-01 20-50-12.png

That's the button automation command:

post comment "[absence] [EN: {date}]", and send an email notification to "{{%email}}" with subject "[Francês Objetivo] Perdeu uma aula, quer agendar algum apoio?" and message "Bonjour {cardname}, ça va?\n\nPercebo que você perdeu uma aula hoje [EN: {date}], espero que esteja tudo bem com você.\n\nSinta-se a vontade em agendar um apoio por este link até sua próxima aula: https://linktr.ee/francesobjetivocoord\n\nNos mantemos disponíveis, à bientôt!\n\n{fullname} et l'équipe Autrement Dit | Francês Objetivo"

I did configure maybe three months agoa and it was working fine. Still, today, trying to update it, it couldn't trigger the email:

Capture d’écran de 2021-09-01 21-02-46.png

Apparently due to command limit in butler, how come? it's the beginning of the month and I never use automation features.

Thanks a lot for the help

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

@Edouard Guerle - thanks for reporting this - your account was still on one of the legacy plans of Butler, which does not include emails. I've gone ahead and moved you to the current plan - this should resolve the issue. If you're still having trouble, please reach out to support via trello.com/contact.

Edouard Guerle September 2, 2021

Hi Felix, great!!! thank you so much for the help, yes it did sent the email this time:

Capture d’écran de 2021-09-02 17-26-46.png

Still, i am wondering: am i allowed to send 250 emails on my behalf, ou is it a limite for the whole team / workspace?

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

All the Butler quotas are per-workspace

woops... ok, understood now

i suggest to update the pricing plan page, saying that the limit applies to the whole workspace

anyway, still a great tool, and great support! all the best to the team

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

@Edouard Guerle 

I recommend that you look at the Account link on the automation page. There is a summary of your entitlement and current usage. A study of the console will help confirm the actual usage. As of Aug 24-25 you should be entitled to 250 per workspace. It may not be this board that is using up your entitlement. 

Hi Milynnus, thanks a lot for your help, it was am issue of butler legacy plan, a moderator could correct it below

And yes you're right, i learned it is the limit of commands per workspace, so that it is a new problem for me now... i will have to find a way out of this

All the best to you, have a nice day

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events