Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any insights on how to better track completed tasks and mark achievements?

vance
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Subject: Trello's lack of a clear indicator for completed tasks and how to mark achievements within the software

I've been using Trello for years and appreciate its functionality, but I've noticed that once I complete a task, it just remains on the list without any clear indication of completion. While there's an option to move completed tasks to a separate section or archive them, I'm curious if there's a way to mark achievements within the software more effectively. Is there a feature or method in Trello to indicate when a task has been completed, such as a color indicator, reward system, or completion folder? Currently, I've been manually moving completed tasks to the bottom of the list or archiving them, but I'm unsure of the purpose of archiving. Any insights on how to better track completed tasks and mark achievements in Trello would be appreciated.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2024

Hi @vance 

In Trello, while the platform is designed for flexibility and can accommodate a wide range of project management styles, it might not have explicit, built-in features for marking tasks as "completed" in the way some users might expect, like a distinct color indicator or a reward system. However, there are several strategies and features within Trello that you can use to effectively track task completion and mark achievements. Here are some methods:

1. Labels for Completion: You can create custom labels with specific colors to indicate task statuses, including completion. For example, you might have a green label for "Completed" tasks. This allows you to quickly see the status of tasks at a glance.

2. Custom Fields: Trello's Custom Fields Power-Up enables you to add additional information to cards, such as a checkbox for completion, a date field for the completion date, or even a text field for achievement notes. This can be particularly useful for tracking specific aspects of task completion and achievements..

3. Dedicated Completion Lists or Boards: Moving completed tasks to a specific list (e.g., "Done" or "Completed This Week") or even to a separate board dedicated to completed tasks helps keep track of what's been achieved. This is similar to archiving but keeps the tasks visible for review and satisfaction.

4. Automation: Trello offers automation, which can automatically move cards to a specific list, apply labels, or even archive cards based on triggers such as reaching a due date or checklist completion. You can set up rules that automatically mark cards as completed based on certain criteria.

5. Planyway Power-up: You can try Planyway power-up. It allows you to make cards as complete, so that they're are crossed on the calendar/timeline and on the board too.Снимок экрана 2024-03-29 114932.jpg

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2024

Vance, have you considered creating a list for 'completed tasks' and dragging cards to that list once done, or use stickers. See below:

blog-post-confetti-2.gifstickers-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

vance
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

This is a great idea! Thank you for this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events