Annual Planner synching between Trello and Google Calendar?

Deleted user August 8, 2022

I work best if I can see the whole year in an Annual Planner which is organised horizontally. So January stretches from left to right, then underneath is February, etc. I need this to sync with Google Calendar. So when I make an entry into one or other of these two tools, it syncs to the other. Ideally this would all link up in a project management software like Trello. I'm finding it difficult to figure out if this is functionality that Trello offers. Can any Trello experts help me figure this out? Even if it is through a workaround, using a third piece of software that enables such integration. Even if this is not a current option, this could be a useful functionality to develop, to put Trello ahead of the competition. Who can help?!?! Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ! Welcome to the community :) I'd start by looking at what Trello offers out of the box. You have different views you can toggle between within your board. From the calendar view, you'll see the option to sync with your calendar - see more info here (note this guide mentions using the calendar power up but it works the same with the calendar view). You also have workspace views that consolidate many boards. 

If the out of the box options don't look like what you need, I'd recommend looking at Planyway - they offer different views plus a 2-way sync with GCal. 

Unito is another one that does a 2-way sync with GCal.

Deleted user August 9, 2022

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows thank you for this! I have now checked these options, but they do not provide the functionality I am looking for. I want something like the below (created in Miro) to sync with my Google Calendar. I just find it easier to see the whole year on one page. Any further ideas? Planyway did not help and Unito seems to be offline. Thanks so much for considering this!

Annual Planner.png

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

You could create something similar with Planyway if you made the lists in your board the different months of the year. Then, in Planyway, toggle to the timeline view, group by list and you'll have the different months displayed vertically and the days/weeks displayed horizontally. 

Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

@[deleted] Hannah is right. This is definitely what you can do with Planyway. I'm not sure if it will be convenient when syncing with Google Calendar as there will be some manual work when shifting months in lists. But you may make use of Trello Automations then to set it up automatically.

0 votes
Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

I'm Violetta from the Planyway team:)

As Hannah mentioned above, Planyway provides a 2-way sync with Google Calendar and also allows you to see your tasks in horizontal timeline in the annual, quarterly, monthly, daily, and hourly scales. 

Let me know if you need any assistance with it, or send us your questions at support@planyway.com :)

Deleted user August 9, 2022

Hi @Violetta Chernobuk thank you for this! That looks powerful and useful, but I am still looking for something a bit more. Not sure it exists! I want something like the below (created in Miro) to sync with my Google Calendar. I just find it easier to see the whole year on one page. Any further ideas? Thanks so much for considering this!

Annual Planner.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events