Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Widget for viewing content of one list

Chavell3 October 16, 2018

Hi,

I've installed the Trello Android App and tried to use the Widget for viewing list items directly.

But unfortnunatly it doens't show me the lists or boards I created...

The Widget thinks it's nothing to show(actually it worked with default board that was had been available, but not with my custom boards or lists)

As I said, I'm the qwner of the board, I followed that board and even that list but nothing changes, the widget always thinks there is nothing to show...

hopefully you could help me.

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Chavell3 October 17, 2018
Okay, sorry... I checked it out
Yes you where right...
I had a wrong understanding about the card...
But isn't it possible to create a card with default members?  So I do not have edit each card after creation and to edit the membership?
Thanks
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

You would need a bot like Butler to do that for you. I have a similar setup on my personal Todo board. 

Here's an example I made of my Todo board with Butler automation : https://trello.com/b/iHW6F5aa/weekly-workflow-example

0 votes

But I cannot set any permissions for the card membership.

I don't know if it makes any difference if the board is in private mode but as I said, no permissions can be set...

I only have options for(loosly translated from german):

- add  card

- copy list

- move list

- watch

- sort by...

- move all cards

- archive all cards

- archive this list

thanks.

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

The widget looks at card membership, not board or list. If you're not a member of the card, it won't appear on the widget .

0 votes

As I said, I'm the owner of the board but I also checked beeing a member of the board and I am.
So thats not the issue, I have also star'd the board, following the board and list I would guess everything thats needed to view the list in the wigdet...
I cannot find a point for adding more permissions to the list itself...

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

the Android widget will list the cards that are assigned to you. If you want to follow specific cards or the content of a list, you have set yourself as a member of those cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events