Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allign due dates on different trello card

Mathias Jaeger August 3, 2020

Hi all,

I've the following problem: I have two cards in two different boards and I would like to make sure that they always have the same due date (which is always changing). Currently  always have to change and align them both manually. Is there a way to connect the cards so they always automatically have the same due date?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

This requires having both card's due date being initially the same day first. Then have a Butler Rule on each board that looks at its respective card, and moving the due date of the other card whenever its own is moved.

You can use any kind of filtering you want to ensure its got the right card. A certain label, or finding the card by its url etc. The additional "Butlering" labels and filtering are so that the two rules don't recursively trigger each other (which I think Butler will stop, but it lags out the activation a little while its trying to figure out if its an infinite loop or not.)

image.png 

Mathias Jaeger August 3, 2020

Thanks! That was easier than expected!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events