cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Checklist

Deleted user May 6, 2020

Hi,

In the Trello News you wrote:

"Advanced Checklists are also a handy tool for team meetings. As items are discussed, managers can add checklist items, assign teammates and due dates, and then everyone can leave the meeting with a clear understanding of who is tackling what."

I was surprised to read this as I thought Trello supported teams working Agile.

A self-organizing team member chooses what they should work with and are not pushed with work tasks. 

What did you think with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Marts May 7, 2020

Hey Tomas -

Trello is a general purpose organizational tool that can be used to organize, manage, and plan all sorts of topics/domains/things. And it can certainly be used to model an Agile workflow on a project, but that doesn't mean every feature in the product forces the Agile model.

Some Trello boards aren't managing projects at all, in fact! It's a very conventional tool in that regard. If you set up a board to model an Agile project, you can use it that way and encourage self-assignment to cards and checklist items. But a board may be set up to model something entirely different in another organization where it makes more sense for somebody else to assign cards and checklist items to members.

Specific to Advanced Checklists, you can certainly keep things "Agile" and allow team members to assign themselves to checklist items if that's your established workflow.

The quote you're referencing is just an example provided as food for thought and imagines a team meeting where the items discussed are documented as checklist items in a checklist on a card and a "manager" (or just whoever is running the meeting) assigns whoever takes responsibility for each item during the meeting.

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events