Admins and members seem to have the same powers

A Very Tall Problem May 7, 2022

Hello!

I’m just starting off using Trello, but I’m noticing that when I add an admin and I add a member; they can all pretty much do anything. Members can still see jobs they aren’t added to, they can archive cards and lists even from other members, they can invite people, etc. It’s not what I had in mind when adding non-admin members.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

@A Very Tall Problem welcome to the community! you might be looking for an "observer" role, which limits the member access. I believe only an Admin can assign another admin and close the board (there might also be some impact in the roles with Power-Ups). 

One thing you might want to do if you are imagining limited scope for a user, is create a board for each user that only has their jobs so their scope is limited to only viewing/editing things that are relevant to them. You can still have a "master" board that has everything on it for you, and use Unito with card syncing out of the box, or build some syncing rules with Trello Automation. Let me know if that helps!

A Very Tall Problem May 7, 2022

I see, alright, thanks so much for your help!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

No problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events