Adding new Team Members through Slack

Grae Maddox September 18, 2019

Hi all,

I have just created a new team (with a single board) on my Trello account. I have also linked Ttrello with our organization's Slack page.

From here, I would like for everyone on the Slack workspace to be able to join the team and view/edit the boards. Is there an easy way to do this? Currently, the only way I've found it to add everyone individually from my side with their emails. 

Note: we are using the free verison of Trello and most people on the Slack workspace do not yet have a Trello account. I am hoping for a easy way for Slack members to follow a link (or something similar) to set up an account and join the Team.

Any advice? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Each board and each team has a link that you can send you to invite people to. I would just copy that link and post it in Slack. If a user doesn't have a Trello account, it will prompt them to create one when they click the link. 

To get that link for your team, just go to your team page (you can do this by going to a board on that team, and then clicking the team name at the top, and then "view team page").

image.png

image.png

Then click the "Invite Team Members" button, and click "create share link" and it will populate a link that you can then copy and paste in en email, Slack, or wherever!

image.png

Let me know if this helps!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2019

@Grae Maddox if you found this answer helpful, would you mind clicking "Accept this Answer"? This let's other in the community know this has been addressed, and also helps me understand if I've given you helpful info! Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events