Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding labels to moved cards via Butler?

Andy Stampor April 26, 2022

I have a Butler Board button that moves all the cards in one list to another. I'd also like to flag all of those cards with a label when moved via that button, but am not seeing how I can do that. Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

@Andy Stampor another option could be to create a separate rule that says something like:

"When a card in list "A" is moved to list "B", apply the "B" label to the card".

I was thinking something like that, but I also manually drag cards / move cards to that list as well and want to use the label to flag them as being moved via the butler board button.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

In that case, I'd suggest creating a Trello service or bot account and creating the command while logged in as that user. So basically creating a new Trello user, and name it Trello bot or something. If you use Gmail, you can create a task-specific email address. When a command is executed, the "performer" of that command will be the user who created the command. So, your command could say:

"When a card in list "A" is moved to list "B" by @Trello_bot, apply the "B" label to the card".

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

@Andy Stampor 

You should create a button command to Collect cards under Cascade. This is to gather all the cards for that list and for each card linked to the item , add the label. Try it. 

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are suggesting. I don't see a Cascade option when looking at the Board button options in Butler. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

@Andy Stampor 
If you have to use a board button then you have to set a second trigger for each card that is moved into the list. 

Like KARBERIS Nikolaos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events