Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding card to Trello by text message

DMB December 10, 2020

Folks, I'd like to be able to add a card to Trello by text message. 

I see it's possible to do so by email.

What I'd like to do is send a text, though.  When I'm driving, I can press a button on my steering wheel to activate Siri and text someone.  That way I don't forget things that pop into my head and I don't have to wait until I can safely pick up my phone.

You can also send an email though Siri, so that's a possibility, but it's more cumbersome.

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Are you using an iPhone or Android? If using an iPhone, you can do this via Siri with Shortcuts. Shortcuts you create your own command for how to tell it to access Trello ("Hey Siri Create Trello" etc). This works while driving as well.

https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/enable-or-disable-a-personal-automation-apd602971e63/ios

A user has already created one as well: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Siri-voice-command/qaq-p/973275

Google released Action Blocks recently which is similar and may accomplish the same thing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.accessibility.maui.actionblocks&hl=en_US&gl=US

DMB December 10, 2020

Brilliant!  Thanks, Clark.  I'll check these leads out.

Like Clark Everson likes this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

I will say if you are comfortable with open source I do not recommend making these on your own, it's a lot of work and people have done it. If you care about privacy then script them yourself.

Like DMB likes this
DMB December 10, 2020

I'll see what's feasible on my system.  My employer has control of the iPhone's domain, so I may run into trouble.   Cheers.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @DMB ,

Nice idea! 

I hope it will be added in the future!

DMB December 10, 2020

Thanks, SaM.  More generally, for road warriors like myself who spend a lot of time in the car, here is the dream setup:

Text messages to add cards, but also text queries to Trello. 

So, for example, a text that could query Trello for the names of all cards with the label #today, which is essentially my to do list for the day.  This would return as a text that I can have Siri read me while I'm driving.

A text query asking Trello to read me the details of a particular card.

This would even be useful when you're not driving, of course.  Suppose you're cooking and you want Siri to read you  a card without touching your phone.

Etc.

That would be ideal.

Thanks

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2020

@DMB please see my other post you can do this with Siri

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events