It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding a Table inside Trello Card Description Edited

As a user of Trello, I'd like to be able to enter a table with columns and rows into the card's description, whether using a editor button, markdown, HTML, or custom tags.

(i.e.)

<table  border="1" >
  <th>
    <td><strong>Table Header</strong></td>
  </th>
<tbody>
  <tr>
    <td>Row1, Column1</td><td>Row1, Column2</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>Row2, Column1</td><td>Row2, Column2</td>
  </tr>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

etc... Is there something like this already planned or existing?

3 answers

3 votes
torben Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2018

Right now, table support/formatting isn’t something that is on our short term roadmap in Trello. I'll be happy to register your interest in this with our team.

You can always attach the spreadsheet directly as an attachment to a Trello card, in the meantime. Documents that are attached with Google Drive and OneDrive can be edited and saved in their respective applications and do not need to be downloaded, saved, and reattached to your card: http://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards

I'll second that feature request!

+1 for Tables, it's very useful! I'm surprised you guys don't have it by now.

Like wp-pro-member likes this

If it isn't possible to add markdown support for Tables would it be possible to embed a table that is created in an attached spreadsheet file? Or possibly make a spreadsheet file tab the Card Cover?

Like wp-pro-member likes this

+1 for MD Tables in Trello!!

+1 for MD Tables in Trello :)

Copy and paste tables from word, excel, Google docs and spreadsheets or just tab delimited files with the Trello Cards Optimizer Chrome extension. 
See www.trellocards.com

While not a perfect solution to the absence of table support, I found that if I generate a table using Markdown, and then wrap the table as a code block I get a reasonable representation (though, in my case it's a small table so not sure how this would look with a larger data set).

```
| File Type | Size (GB) |
|-----------|-----------|
| jpg, jpeg | 45.11 |
| png | 10.58 |
| pdf | 1.29 |
| sql | 0.95 |
| mp4 | 0.54 |
| gif | 0.43 |
| css | 0.38 |
| mov | 0.22 |
| mp3 | 0.10 |
| php | 0.04 |
```

Yes, you can use table markdown in Trello (like in one of the answers above) if you download the Trello Table Markdown Chrome extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pgifaolbebmlmfafkgngfjchfpcpndig

Or better yet: download the full featured Trello Cards Optimizer version:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-cards-optimizer/ipbjjbpopodbnjbjnneakhcppdocpelg

Both are free.

Katrin Anger Community Leader Jul 07, 2019

@Wessel de Vries 

Thank you! Looks great!

I hadn't heard of TCO until now. I use Plus for Trello all the time.  From a brief look at the TCO site it looks like it works with Plus for Trello.  Time to take a look and see what it provides.

Hirad I'm New Here Oct 19, 2019

Is there anything like this for the Desktop or the Mobile App?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

303 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you