Adding/Removing Cards Buttons As It Moves Down The Flow

Kimberly May 8, 2022

Hi!

I wish to create a button for ea. list in the flow. Part of the behavior of the button would be by clicking the button it would move to the next list on the board. This I understand how to do the next Ninja move though... I do not see a path to do.

At the point the card is moved to the next list, I would like the button that was clicked to make this happen to be removed from the card and a new button to be added. 

Then repeat this over and over down the line.

Example:

List A "Ideas": Cards in the list automatically have a "Start Creating" Button which moves the card to List B.

List B "Creating Content": Card in this list has a button "Submit for Approval" and "Request Help"  but the "Start Creating" button is no longer on the card.

Then repeat this type of behavior for List C, List D etc.

Is this possible? If so how can I do it?

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

@Kimberly hi! and welcome to the community!

When you add a card button to your Trello board, it's available for every card. So i don't think there's actually a way to "remove" it from the board. 

One way you might be able to achieve what you're looking for it that Trello boards get smart when they see activity on your board and will suggest where to move a card to when you click the "move" button on card. Like this. 

image.png

So if you're okay to either drag the cards to the next list (or click the move button and then select the next list you want from the dropdown option), pretty soon Trello will start understanding that behaviour and when you click "move" it will suggest the next list, like it does for me in this screenshot.

Would that achieve what you're looking for?

Kimberly May 8, 2022

Thank you for such a prompt reply, I really appreciate it. 

Is there a place to put in feature requests? I would like to make this one as I think it would be one that users would use and appreciate. Many of the animations allow you to remove what you add previously so I don't see buttons being that far out of reach or at least I optimistically hope so. ;- )

Thank you again for your help!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events