Adding Power Up for Calendar.

Patty Koch March 29, 2020

I want to learn to use Calendar.  I am not the administrator.  I have access to certain boards as a member of what the administrator has called The A Team.  We have a Business Account.  So far, the initial step I have taken is not giving me confidence this will be easy.

Following the instructions, I found the Power Up for Calendar and clicked to Add.  I got a pull down menu to select either Personal (I have none) or The A Team boards.  There are 20 or more A Team boards.  I assumed I could click on The A Team and all boards would be added.  But, no.  I had to select each board individually.  Then got a choice to go back to Listing, which did not go back to the list of boards under The A Team, but went all the way back to Calendar.  There I had to Add Power Up again, which brought up the Select menu, where had to select the next individual board.  Got message was successful, and then had to go back to Listing, Add Calendar Power Up, Select individual board, etc., all over again.  I did this 20+ times.  Seems very cumbersome!

My question is when my administrator adds ("invites") me to more boards in the future, do I have to remember to go through this process for every new board?  Is there something the administrator can do to automatically invoke the calendar feature (for me or in general?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hi Patty,

Agreed, that's a bit cumbersome! For some context, the Power-Up directory is a great place to browse all of the Power-Ups and learn about them, but it was also never intended to be the primary place for you to go to enable Power-Ups.

By nature, Power-Ups are a per-board item, so you need to enable them on every board you want to use them on. Generally speaking, the expectation isn't that you'd be adding the Power-Up to all 20+ boards in one go, at the same time. Instead, you can add Power-Ups directly from each board, as you need them.

When you get added to boards in the future, if they don't already have the Calendar Power-Up enabled, you would need to do it manually, if you wanted the Calendar. Adding a Power-Up to a board does enable it for everyone on the board, but you can't enable it for all of your boards all at once!

Patty Koch March 31, 2020

Thank you!  That answer was perfect.  I understand now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events