Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add specific custom fields by label

Matt Geerdes February 17, 2021

Hello, is it possible to add custom fields when specific labels are added to a card? 

Thank You!

Matt

4 answers

0 votes
Matt Geerdes February 19, 2021

lain, I have 10 custom fields created that appear on all cards however I don't use all the custom fields for every card created.  I'd like to add or delete custom fields based on the label added to each card.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

@Matt Geerdes custom fields are added to a board, not a card, so the same set of fields exist for every card on a board. You can set values on the fields when a label is added, and the field will only show on the front of the card if a value is set, but you can't edit which fields exist at the card level.

0 votes
Matt Geerdes February 18, 2021

Hello lain,  I'd like to add specific custom fields when the label TOOLS is added to a card.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

@Matt Geerdes do you mean that the custom field doesn't currently exist on the card and you want to add that field, or that the field exists on the card and you want to set the value to something?

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

@Matt Geerdes you can set custom field values when a label is added to a card, but AFAIK you can't create custom fields with Butler. Also, whenever you add custom fields they're added for the entire board, not just one card. Can you elaborate a bit more on what you're tryingn to achieve?

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

You could set up a Butler rule to do this. Check out https://help.trello.com/article/1198-an-intro-to-butler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events