Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add card as checklist item on another card

Leslie Rieger December 10, 2021

I have a card called "To Do List {date~ M/D/YYYY}" that I generate daily.  It has a checklist, called "To Do" of all the tasks I need to complete that day.  When I find a card in my list that I'd like to add to my daily list, I'd like to be able to open that card, and use a card button to add the title of that card as a checklist item on my daily To Do List card.  But so far I'm striking out.

Example: I notice that the card "Training" is overdue, so I want to add it to my daily list. I open the "Training" card, and push a button, magically adding it to the check list "To Do" on the daily To Do List card, rather than having to open the To Do List card and type a new item on the checklist.

This is the code I have:

lookup a card titled "To Do List {date~ M/D/YYYY}", and add item "{cardname}" to checklist "To Do"

However, that adds a new checklist to the card I have open with an item using that card's name.

I tried "find a card", and that added a new item to my daily task list with the title of the "To Do List" as the checklist item.

I tried using the variable {sourcecardname} in the "add item" spot, thinking the card I had open would be the source card, but that gave me an error saying the "add item" command couldn't be empty.

I'm clearly missing some step that will grab the name of the card I want to add as a checklist task, and add it to the other card.

Suggestions? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

@Leslie Rieger 

Use find instead of lookup and {triggercardlink} as the item name. 

Leslie Rieger December 13, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events