Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add all members to board automatically?

Amy Stutler May 6, 2020

Our team frequently creates new boards and we need all team members added to all boards. Is there a quick way to automatically have all team members added to a new board?

I tried to create a powerup board button that could invite all members to a board but it won't let me do it. Right now we have to make sure to remember to click "invite" when we create a new board, and then the only shortcut I am seeing is if you start to type in the team name to have it ask if you want to invite all team members. There has to be some sort of a setting where all new boards can have all team members invited, right?

Even better - is there a way based on collection to have certain team members invited to those new boards? Example - collection "Team A Projects", you create a new board in that collection, is there a setting or powerup board button that you can make where it would by just pressing a button it would "Invite All Team A Members to Board"? 

I'm new to Trello but I feel like this has to already be in place somewhere and I am just not finding it - any help would be much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

@Amy Stutler it doesn't exist as a feature, but for example if you had a collection of Template boards, and you set up your membership on each of those boards to the people who should be involved for each copy created, then you could have a "board of boards" where each list corresponded to a board template name, and create an API automation when you add a card to that list, a new copy of that template board is created and linked to the created card. This is what that would look like in Trellinator:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/08dfe1c2a19156194ff533ee451d5e16

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events