Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Add a New List in the middle of the Board

I will like to add a new list to some random place on the list because I forgot an item of project that I will need to add.  Right now, the add is on the last list, but when I have 50-60 lists because I am managing properties and have many spaces to take care of.  If I have to add the new list, I can use the move function to move the list to the right place where I wanted it.  

That brought up another problem because the move function let me move it to space XX.  When I have a long list, I cannot count space XX. Is it possible that the space XX can be identified by the heading of the list, that will be extremely helpful.  

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

You can double click the space between 2 lists, it'll open up the list composer to create a new list in that position.

This also works for cards! Double click between 2 cards to open the card composer in that position.

Thank you so much. This works well on my computer especially I use the MS Surface with touch screen.  I tried doing the same double click on my phone and ipad, both didn't work.  It will be so helpful to have the mobile platform to work also as a lot of what I will be doing will be on the go instead of on my desk.  

The other answer that i am looking for is how to move my cards .  I can move the lists on my cards to different list but I cannot move my card to another position easily.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,264 views 27 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you