Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Administration - Clean up Free Managed Accounts

Deleted user June 15, 2021

We just recently merged all of our Atlassian account information for Trello and now we have 745 Trello free managed accounts showing in our Administrator's dashboard.

How do I clear up these accounts?  Many are over 5 years old and most likely are no longer with the company.  Is there guidance of how to manage this volume?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@[deleted] is this inside your Atlassian Access dashboard?

Deleted user June 16, 2021

Hi Iain --

These accounts don't show up in our Atlassian Access. 

image.png

I merged our accounts and now they show in in the Trello Admin dashboard. 

image.png

I can see the accounts, however all I' allowed to do is grant a license.

image.png

I'm seeking a way to remove them.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@[deleted] okay so if you "select all" there do you not see the ability to deactivate them as a group?

It is possible to deactivate members of an enterprise via the API:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-enterprises/#api-enterprises-id-members-idmember-deactivated-put

and also to delete members via the API:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-enterprises/#api-enterprises-id-organizations-idorg-delete

So for example we could fetch a list of members and, if they're "free managed" members or "deactivated" members then delete them so you wouldn't see them there.

I don't have an enterprise account to test with so I can't write the code for you without more information.

If you can't find a way to mass delete or deactivate them then feel free to email team@benkoworks.com and we can write the code for you to run once via our BenkoBot platform and tidy things up. 

Deleted user June 22, 2021

Hi Iain --

Thank you for input.  I was able to locate (in the Trello Security navigation) the Atlassian  settings:

image.png

image.png

This allowed me to delete/deactivate accounts no longer active with our company.  This took care of some of the accounts in question.

But there are still Trello accounts that haven't been used in over 5 years, and the person is still working here.  Is there a way to remove those? Do I need to ask the end user to removed their account within Trello? 
I don't want to deactivate in Atlassian because the end user may be using our Jira/Confluence, etc. Products.  But we don't want the freeware accounts still hanging around when they are not being actively used because they are still associated with our company's email credentials. 

On a side note: Is there a reason why Atlassian doesn't provide a toggle-type switch to remove Trello access? 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

@[deleted] yeah I'm not sure about deleting a product from a user's Atlassian account, as opposed to deactivating the account altogether. I'm pretty sure if you deactivate it in Trello, it won't deactivate the Atlassian account, but again I don't have an Enterprise account to test with.

My guess is that the Trello API will deactivate/delete the account from Trello without deleting the corresponding Atlassian account.

Might be an idea to get in touch with Trello Support via trello.com/contact, I think since you're on the enterprise version you should have priority support, you'll probably get a better response than here in the community.

Kelly Phillips October 16, 2022

Hi Iain

Wonder if you can help. I have a similar problem, in that I have a large number of users showing up in Atlassian Access/Managed accounts for Trello accounts. I can't remove them as they are all on the free plan and we don't have an admin Trello dashboard.  These are also all users' accounts who have been deactivated/deleted so they are no longer with the company and their email addresses no longer exist.

Any idea how I can remove these?  It's messing with my OCD :)  Even though I have removed them from all Atlassian products, they still show up with 'Trello'

Trello.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events