It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Accidental description delete Edited

Hello,

I was editing the description of a Trello card when I accidentally delete 90% of the content (about 40 lines of description, then I clicked SAVE... 

Is there any way to recover this loss of text or find the previous version saved somewhere?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Gregoire,

It's going to feel a bit hackey but you can follow these instructions to recover the old description. The data is still on the board, so you are able to recover it from the JSON loaded by your browser.

Cheers,
Daniel

It works perfectly! =D

Thanks a lot Daniel.

This solution did not work for me, is it somehow restricted based on which Plan you are on?

Works for me, too (using Firefox)
Thanks a lot for the advice !
But it somehow took a while--- perhaps I had a typo or something needed to get updated...

some extra : 
one can play with the functions, eg. get info for the entire board

trello.com/boards/BOARD-ID/actions?filter=updateCard:desc

1 vote
Mike W-M I'm New Here May 19, 2020

I've just used a Chrome extension called "Trello Card History" to recover some card names. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-card-history/efphljpdajpciigcmmfbhemjaanmoami

It examines the JSON for you without requiring you to export, so it was pretty useful for looking at several cards.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,598 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you